It's that time of year again! The rainy season is upon us and so is the inevitable hair fall which means it's time to change up our hair care routine
The humid weather, combined with the constant exposure to water, can make your hair weak and prone to breakage.
But don't worry, we've got you covered, there are a few simple remedies that can help control hair fall this monsoon and keep your hair healthy and looking its best during the rainy season.
The causes of hair fall in monsoons
Hair fall is a common problem that affects both men and women. There are many reasons why hair fall occurs, but one of the most common is due to the change in seasons. In the monsoon season, the humidity and rainfall can cause hair to become weak and brittle, leading to breakage and hair loss.
Some easy remedies to control hair fall
When it comes to hair fall, we all know the drill. We start to see more hair in our brushes, in the drain, and on our pillows. And it can be pretty frustrating (not to mention, a little bit scary).
Fortunately, there are some remedies you can try to control hair fall this monsoon season. These include:
- Using a mild shampoo that doesn't strip your hair of its natural oils, make sure you're using a good anti-dandruff shampoo to keep your scalp healthy.
- Applying a conditioner or hair mask at least once a week
- Nourishing hair with herbal natural oils regularly or at least twice a week
- Avoiding hairstyles that are tight or pull on your hair, try to avoid over-styling your hair during this time. Stick to simple hairstyles and avoid using heated styling tools.
- Protecting your hair from the rain and humidity
- Eating a healthy diet that includes foods that are rich in protein and vitamins
By following these tips, you can help reduce hair fall to a great extent.
Hair oiling in monsoons: your perfect savior!
That's right, natural hair oils are great for your hair during monsoon, and can help with hair loss. Here's how:
Oiling your hair the right way in the monsoon season is key if you don't want your strands to turn into a frizzy, dry mess. Your hair is like a sponge, and just like a sponge, it soaks up water—and lots of it, too. In the humid rainy months, your hair can absorb so much moisture from the air that it becomes limp, flat, and unmanageable.
That’s why it’s so important to oil your hair in the monsoon.
One of the best benefits of oiling your hair in monsoon is that it can help protect your hair from humid weather. Oiling helps to create a barrier between your hair and the humidity, which prevents your strands from absorbing too much moisture and becoming weighed down.
Another benefit of oiling your hair in monsoon is that it can help prevent dandruff. Dandruff is often caused by a dry scalp, and the humid weather can exacerbate this problem. Oiling your hair can help keep your scalp healthy and free from dandruff.
Finally, oiling your hair can help give it a healthy shine. If you're looking for healthy, shiny hair this monsoon season, consider oiling your hair regularly.
The right way to oil your hair in monsoons
First, make sure you're using the right kind of oil. If you have an oily scalp then heavy oils like coconut oil can weigh down your hair, so it's best to use a light oil like jojoba, amla oil, or any herbal oil.
Second, don't overdo it on the oil. A little goes a long way, so just apply a few drops to your scalp and massage it in.
Finally, make sure you wash your hair regularly. Monsoon weather can be humid and dirty, so it's important to shampoo and condition your hair regularly to prevent build-up.
Natural hair oils and their benefits
Natural hair oils are a great way to nourish your scalp and hair. There are a variety of different oils available, each with its own unique benefits. Here are a few of the most popular natural hair oils and their benefits:
- Olive oil: olive oil is rich in antioxidants and can help to protect your hair from damage. It can also help to keep your hair soft and shiny.
- Argan oil: Argan oil is packed with nutrients that can help to boost hair growth. It can also help to prevent hair loss and make your hair stronger and thicker.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil is a great all-purpose oil that can help to moisturize your scalp and hair. It can also help to prevent dandruff and lice.
- Jojoba oil: Jojoba oil is filled with excellent moisturizing properties, which make it great for hydrating and nourishing dry and frizzy hair, it also helps in stimulating hair growth.
- Onion oil: Onion oil is a rich source of sulfur which prevents breakage, split ends, and thinning of hair. Regular use of onion oil can effectively prevent and treat baldness and restore shine in hair.
- Amla oil: Amla oil is rich in many vitamins and oxidants, it is thought to have several benefits including strengthening hair roots, boosting hair growth, and reducing dandruff.
Monsoon is the perfect time to switch to natural hair oils! Not only do they help with hair loss, but they also help nourish your hair and keep it healthier, shinier, and smoother.
Homemade hair masks to control hair fall
A hair mask is another great way to nourish and condition your hair. You can use it to hydrate dry hair, improve the quality of damaged hair, or add shine to dull hair. You can even use it to control frizz and add volume.
Whether you're looking for a hair mask to hydrate your hair or one that will help you tame frizzy hair, we've got a recipe for you. And if you want to get creative, you can even mix and match ingredients to create your custom hair mask. So get ready to pamper your hair with these homemade hair masks.
These five hair mask recipes use ingredients that you probably already have on hand, and they'll leave your hair looking and feeling healthier in no time.
- Avocado and olive oil mask. Mash up one ripe avocado and mix it with two tablespoons of olive oil. Apply the mask to your hair and let it sit for 30 minutes, then shampoo and condition as usual.
- Banana and honey mask. Mash up one ripe banana and mix it with two tablespoons of honey. Apply the mask to your hair and let it sit for 30 minutes, then shampoo and condition as usual.
- Yogurt and egg mask. Mix one cup of plain yogurt and one egg. Apply the mask to your hair and let it sit for 15-20 minutes.
Diet for healthy hair
There are a lot of different things that you can do to keep your hair healthy. But one of the best things you can do is to focus on your diet. Eating the right foods can help your hair to be strong and shiny, and can even help to prevent hair loss.
So, what are the best foods for healthy hair? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Spinach: Spinach is rich in vitamins A and C, both of which are important for maintaining healthy hair.
- Eggs: Eggs are a great source of protein, which helps keep your hair thick, healthy, and shiny.
- Nuts: Nuts are a great source of zinc, which promotes healthy hair growth.
- Salmon: Salmon is packed with omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for keeping your scalp healthy.
One of the most important things in your diet for healthy hair is to make sure you're getting enough protein in your diet.
Protein is essential for healthy hair growth, so make sure you're eating plenty of chicken, vegetables, and other protein-rich foods. You can also try taking a supplement like biotin, which is known to help with stimulating hair growth.
So, these were some of the best monsoon hair fall remedies that you can follow for the best results. Follow these tips and you will see a difference in your hair fall.